Home Support Membership My Museum Monday My Museum Monday Participant Waiver
By participating in this program, I acknowledge the following:
1. Member may not participate in rollerblading, skating, running, rough-housing, painting, or eating/drinking in the galleries. Food and beverage may be consumed in the lobby space during the allotted time.
2. The only art supplies that may be used in the galleries are non-color graphite pencils.
3. Personal-use photography and videography is permitted in the Art Center’s permanent collections galleries. However, no flash, added lights, or tripods are allowed. Photography may not be permitted in temporary exhibition galleries because of restrictions with lending institutions. If there are restrictions on photographing an individual work of art in our collections, a do-not-photograph symbol will be placed on its label. No commercial photography or videography is permitted.
4. Participants must comply with all Art Center visitor policies.
5. Member understands that the Art Center cannot guarantee any specific piece of work will be on display, but may certainly note interest in a work during the application process. Similarly, portions of the Art Center may be under construction or in an installation/de-installation mode, thus off-limits to guests.
6. Member understands that the Art Center is closed to the public on Mondays, thus may see ordinary maintenance occurring during their experience. Effort will be made to minimize the disruption; however the selected member will have a unique “behind-the-scenes” experience of life in a museum!
7. If noted in their application, member agrees to promote their experience on social media using the #MyMuseumMonday hashtag. Members may also have the opportunity to share their experience via the Art Center’s social media accounts.
8. Member agrees to sharing their photograph/likeness and their submitted application, as well as their experience, in Art Center promotional materials (website, brochures, Radio Art Center, advertisements, etc.)
9. For security purposes, the member will be accompanied throughout the museum by Art Center staff. Staff will be discreet.
10. The first 10 minutes of the My Museum Monday experience will go over the current rules and the member will be required to sign a waiver indicating they understand all rules, policies, procedures, and expectations.
11. Experience is limited to members only, and no more than one guest will be allowed to accompany member on the experience. Current part- or full-time Des Moines Art Center staff members are not eligible.
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change at any time. Any behavior that does not comply with the rules set forth, or by the direction of the accompanying Art Center staff person, will result in the immediate termination of the experience, at the discretion of the Art Center staff.
The Des Moines Art Center’s My Museum Monday program is open to all interested Art Center members with active memberships at any giving level, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Memberships will be validated at the time the application is reviewed and must be current at the time of the scheduled experience.